Healing with your Focus Target in SWTORPosted in Star Wars: The Old Republic on Dec 22 2011
Since I keep seeing people ask about this, here is how to heal your Focus target in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Before we continue, we have to take a look and figure out what the keybinds are, or set new ones that will work better for you.
- Hit ESC to bring up the menu.
- Click the PREFERENCES button.
- Click the GAME tab at the botton of the PREFERENCES window (you should already be here).
- Click the Controls option on the left side of the PREFERENCES window.
- Check the "Enable Focus Target" check-box.
- Click the KEY BINDINGS tab at the bottom of the PREFERENCES window.
- Select Targeting option on the left.
- Find the "Set Focus Target / Swap Focus Target" keybind.
- Choose a new keybind if you want (I use the + key).
- Scroll down further until you find the "Focus Target Modifier".
- Choose a new keybind if you want (I use a mouse button).
Now we're ready to actually use this functionality!
- Target your companion, or anyone else that you need to heal frequently.
- Press your "Set Focus Target" keybind.
- Hold down your "Focus Target Modifier" keybind.
- You should see that the mouse cursor turns blue.
- Use a healing ability, and it should now be applied to your Focus target.
That's it, you're done! Here is what the Focus Target looks like in game:
Published Dec 22 2011 - Permalink